Friday, August 24, 2012

08-24-2012 Remiss-Ness


That's a word, right? Remissness? That state feeling remiss. Well, if it wasn't a word it is now. I've fallen down on my pictures and blogs. Some weeks I am simply not up to sitting and doing a post even though I've taken pictures. Last month we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo and this month we did the San Diego Zoo. I thought I'd share pictures and spread them out as I often don't have anything to take pictures of when I'm hanging around the house.
But first, while I was hanging around the house I completed a set of pillowcases. This is cross stitch, which normally I don't do because it is boring, however I really liked the colors and besides, some days boring is good!
I took this at the Santa Barbara Zoo. He fits right in, doesn't he? I love him so much and one of the reasons is because he is such a  clown and makes me laugh.
This is one of  my favorites pictures from the Santa Barbara Zoo. I really like the light and color and the texture. Leave it to me to go to a place that showcases animals and come back with plant pictures!

Zoo pictures can be a challenge because so many of the animals are behind fences and in cages. However the Santa Barbara Zoo had a nice aviary and I had a wonderful time with the birds. And who doesn't like parrots? They are so colorful and have such personalities. These two were like an old couple constantly squawking at each other!
This pretty kitty is from our trip to the San Diego Zoo. He's playing with his ball. 

I think he must have seen us and put on a show! I was thrilled to be able to take this from the tour bus 'cause no way was I going back down, and then back up the hill to the big cats! Tigers are so beautiful. I just want to rub my hands through his thick fur.

We had a great weekend in San Diego. Besides the zoo we got to visit with my best friend, Deby, and her family. We sat and talked and laughed and the evening was so nice. I was thrilled to be able to spend some time with Natalie and her partner Lyndsey. I hadn't seen Natalie since I was in still in Alaska and I'd never had the pleasure of meeting Lyndsey. I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of everyone. I had my camera...people often feel shy of cameras, so I like to get candid shots and we never shut up long enough for me to sneak around and capture them on film. It's kind of hard to sneak when you are the center of attention because you are from out of town! We also got to visit with Deby's roomies, Paul and Lizzie, two great people! I'm sure Denny's was happy to see us go since we were loud and created a ruckus with our humor and laughter.

We also were able to take in a Giants vs Padres ball game on Sunday. We took the trolley down and the ride was wonderful. That's the way to go--no traffic to deal with, no parking to contend with. We lost; however, just sitting in the ball park cheering for the team and enjoying the day was the point for me. Oh, and eating hot dogs and popcorn. Sorry--no peanuts 'cause I don't like them, and no Cracker Jacks because they didn't come with our all-you-can-eat tickets. no pictures either. I thought we'd be too far away and it turns out we were in the perfect place to see well and take pictures from. The pitcher even warmed up right in front of us! That will teach me to leave my camera behind. 

I'll try and get some other pictures up soon!

Blessings and love to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment