Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The new adventure....

I have a group of friend who I call my hussy sisters because of how we met. They are the sisters of my soul. The people who I can say anything to and know they won't stab me in the back simply because they don't agree. They are my family. They are my family because my family is the same way. We may not always get along or agree and yet, they also aren't going to stab me in the back just because I am ... me.

One of those hussy sisters, made us tee shirts one summer and mine said, in essence, that some of us are wise and some of us are other wise. What an insightful person my hussy sister is. I wonder if she realizes just how insightful she is?

Thus the name of my blog--TK's Other Wise Thoughts--because I am definitely Other Wise and proud of being so.

I've never blogged before. I've never really had an urge or a need. I was thinking, though, that perhaps when the need to communicate my strange thought processes, blogging could come in handy.

The hussy sisters and my sisters of the blood (as opposed to soul) and come to think about it, the rest of my blood family too, think I can write.

The hussy sisters and I get into a debate about me writing on occasion. To the point where I actually sat down and co-authored two stories with the sister-of-my-soul, Nicole Austin. Now she's is a proven author and a writer, and I'm quite proud that she helped me co-author our stories!

I do write. I actually love to write. I suppose if I really wanted to be an author, I could put my nose to the grind stone and be an author. However, I'm not one of those people who dream up plots and situations and answer the question "what if".

That doesn't mean that I can't write or don't write. It simply means that I write what I write when I write it and it tends to be free flowing and perhaps inspirational to some who read it.

You could say that as a writer I am ... Other Wise! I crack myself up some times.

2 comments: