Sunday, April 18, 2010

When in doubt, have a good laugh

There are days when I may not write a word and there are other days when I may just post a quote I really like. It's my blog and I can do want I want to…regardless of what all the little voices in my head are saying! <LMAO>

Harry Dresden is a modern-day wizard and I mean to tell you, he really gets himself knocked around. It makes for an exciting story. The thing I really like about Jim Butcher's character, though, is the humor he uses through his stories and the points he makes about life through his character, Harry Dresden.

This quote goes hand-in-hand with where you find the inspiration to keep on going when you seriously question why you "should" keep on going. Nature is only one of the places I find the desire to keep on keeping on. Laughter is another. I laugh at the strangest things. I've always said I have two choices when times are tough—I can laugh or I can cry. The two actually work together for me. Usually through my tears I see the humor and start laughing. It can really put a damper on my pity party. <VBG>

So, I offer up a quote that I read the other day:

"Laughter, like love, has power to survive the worst things life has to offer. And to do it with style."

Harry Dresden via Jim Butcher, Blood Rites.


 

2 comments:

  1. Laughter has gotten me through a lot of difficult times! Great post.

    On a side note, love the bigger font. Much easier on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis! Humor is what gets me through life. One of the things I love about John is he makes me laugh even though I might be crying at the time.
    I wish I had been able to figure out the font issue sooner...technologically challanged, you know! LMAO!

    You stopping by is a true gift to me!

    ReplyDelete