Thursday, May 10, 2012

5-10-2012 Around the complex

I took a tiny walk about today. This complex is beautifully landscaped--one reason we rented here.
Most blossoms are somewhat wilted right now because we had quite high temperatures for the last several days. Hotter than it would normally be in spring; however, I found these sweet little flowers. I like the texture on the petals.

I used a filter on most of the pictures because I like playing with the effects. I think this was the "warmify" filter and it gave the white petals just a bit of color, which I thought was pretty neat.

This one I used several filers on because I really wanted the new green growth to stand out from the older leaves. whatever I did seems to have enhanced the veins in the older leaves and I thought that was awesome. I think this is called "lomo-ish", which either a type of camera or a type of developing...Meg could tell me, I'm sure.

And finally I revisited my avocado bonsai tree. If you look back at April 27, you will see these leaves when they first began to grow. No filter on this picture because I thought it looked good just as it is.


1 comment:

  1. these are all lovely! Im jealous of your avie tree! yep..lomo is a camera... like those toy cameras that i love... lomo, diana, holga, colorsplash. lomo tends to be high saturation and contrast...very nice with that green :) of course, lomo can also refer to a broader style of photography, or 'lomography'

    ReplyDelete